There is no more critical issue to our state then public education.
Friends and Neighbors,
Our current state representative has actively worked to underfund our public schools and has ignored the public education community. He wrote, blocked, or supported legislation prompted by his West Texas funders.
Check out his unfriendly rating by the Texans for Public Education
There is no more critical issue to our state then public education. It touches all our lives by:
- educating our next generation of Texans
- developing the skilled workforce need to grow our economy
- and, proper funding will slow the rise of local property tax increases
I will to go to Austin to be an advocate for proper funding of our education system. That involves listening to area experts and working with the recommendations of the Texas Commission on Public School Finance to build a stronger economy by addressing this crucial issue.
I will not go to Austin to divert precious energy and attention away from the session with unnecessary and irresponsible legislation. I will not go to Austin to do the bidding of West Texas donors.
Friends, I will go down to Austin to uplift my East Texas neighbors.
And you can help me by voting in the upcoming election. There's information at the bottom of this email about early voting times and how to vote for me as an Independent. Please help me finish strong. I encourage you to make a donation and let us know if you can sign up for one of the following volunteer opportunities.
EARLY VOTING POLLING STATION VOLUNTEER
One of my favorite lines from the Pastors for Texas Children’s breakfast on Monday came from former State Board of Education representative Thomas Ratliff.
He said when it comes to public education, our focus should not be on R’s or D’s (Republicans or Democrats) – but on ISDs (school districts.)
Let's work together and unseat a representative who is famously unfriendly toward public education.
(DISCLAIMER FOR TEACHERS: Please don’t be nervous about receiving this email at a school or university address. It is not a violation of any law to receive political emails at your district email address. Forwarding or replying to this email would be considered a violation, so please do not forward or reply from district email or device.)
2018 General Election Early Voting Information
Early Voting DATES
|Monday, October 22||8:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, October 23||8:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, October 24||8:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, October 25||8:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.|
|Friday, October 26||8:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, October 27||7:00 a.m.—7:00 p.m.|
|Sunday, October 28||12:00 p.m. — 5:00 p.m.|
|Monday, October 29||7:00 a.m.—7:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday, October 30||7:00 a.m.—7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, October 31||7:00 a.m.—7:00 p.m.|
|Thursday, November 1||7:00 a.m.—7:00 p.m.|
|Friday, November 2||7:00 a.m.—7:00 p.m.|
Early Voting LOCATIONS
The HUB 304 E. Ferguson St. Tyler, TX
Heritage Building 1900 Bellwood Rd. Tyler, TX
Lindale Public Library 200 E. Hubbard St. Lindale, TX
Noonday Community Center 16662 CR 196 Tyler, TX
Whitehouse Municipal Court 311 E. Main St. Whitehouse, TX
Want to Vote for Neal? Do the….
- Since Neal is an Independent candidate, he will not be a straight ticket option.
- If you choose each candidate that's best for each position, we hope you’ll vote for Neal.
- But, if you are a straight ticket voter, we ask you to do the East Texas Two Step.
- After you hit the Republican or Democrat straight-ticket, all your choices will be automatically filled in for you.
- But, in the review process, when you see Neal’s name, you can vote for him by clicking there.
- It will not mess up any other vote. That is the second step of the East Texas Two Step.
- Thank you for your support and your vote.